In events

Healthy Lung Month


October is Healthy Lung Month!
Today I have something new for you, something more important as anything money 
can buy - HEALTH! We are so used to being healthy that sometime we abuse our 
own bodies, we forget to take care of us, to do our usual check-up's, we smoke,
we eat junk food & we take on many other unhealthy habits that can harm us
irreparable!


I've recently found out the story of Heather Von St. James , survivor of Mesothelioma!
A wonderful woman - mother , wife & most of all a fighter!
After just having a baby the terrible news came unexpected, the doctor had told her:


But she took a stand , she did everything she could do & with support from her
family she made it through  & is now a survivor!

Heather says:
"10 years later, I can look back and learn a lot about my fears. 
When I faced my fears, I found out I was stronger than I ever imagined. 15 years ago,
 if you told me what I would face and what would happen, I would never have thought I could 
make it through. But I didn’t do it alone. I had the love and support of my husband e
very step of the way. Family and friends were there in my darkest times, and most 
importantly, I had my faith.

I encourage you to face your fears. I still have them, and will the rest of my life. Fear of my cancer coming back, fear of my husband getting sick, fear of my daughter getting sick… so many that if I let them take over, I would never be able to breathe. So I don’t let them, and I exhale."

 She is now helping others fight this terible disease & I am helping her today to reach 
out all of you & bring awareness to this problem by promoting October as the 

Heather & her beautiful family


Mesothelioma is a serious disease related to asbestos exposure. For many patients, mesothelioma
 affects the lining of the lungs. As a result of Heather's diagnosis, she had to have her left lung removed. 
Diagnosing this disease can be a challenge, because the symptoms sometimes mimic other common 
ailments. For example, when Heather was diagnosed, she was experiencing fatigue, weight loss, 
and lack of sleep. 
These symptoms could have  been chalked up to postpartum issues, since she had just given birth
 to her daughter Lily. Ignoring symptoms should never be an option, because catching them
 early can be the difference between life or death. For Heather, early detection, having her lung
 removed, in addition to chemo and radiation are the reason she is still around today to 
spread her message. 

More on:


You can follow Heather on:

Related Articles

0 comentarii:

Post a Comment

Flickr Images